Capital Campaign High School Renovations
Built in 1962, the St. Mary’s Academy High School building is structurally sound but in need of renovations and cosmetic updates. The first phase of construction has been completed and the second phase is underway.
- Roof repairs
- New lockers
Cost – $800,000
Completed – 2016
- A new lunchroom/cafe and outdoor patio. This will be located in the southeast corner of the High School.
- Replacement of windows in the current choral wing area
- Installation of fire sprinkler system in the renovated areas.
- Renovation of the east corridor and classrooms including new ceilings, light fixtures, paint, and carpet and Inspiring Women murals
- The SMAcafe, new college counseling offices and multi-use room will be air conditioned.
- A new college counseling suite will be built in the current choral wing space.
- Challenge Foundation offices will be created on the site of the current college counseling area.
Cost – $2.6 Million
Completion Date – August 2017
- New doors (safety upgrade)
- Renovated library relocated to former commons area
- Outdoor teaching spaces
- New Innovation Lab
- New Robotics Lab
- Enhancements to all interior courtyards
- Upgrade to remaining hallways and classrooms
- Main entrance lobby/vestibule
- Administration offices adjacent to the main entrance
- Construction of Visual Arts Suite
- Landscaping enhancements
- Outdoor patio/lounge area near main entrance
- Replacement of remaining windows
Cost – TBD
Completion Date – Construction may begin at the completion of the current $10 million Capital Campaign