Applying to SMA/Teacher Recommendations
We are thrilled that you and your family are considering St. Mary’s Academy. The steps listed below outline our Admissions process.
The best way to experience St. Mary’s Academy is to visit our campus. We welcome you to come spend some time with us, participate in an Admissions event, tour our stunning 24-acre campus, attend a class, and visit with a member of our Admissions team. A visit can take an hour and a half and we offer daily opportunities to meet your scheduling needs. Click here to inquire about St. Mary’s Academy, create your Admissions account, and register for upcoming Admissions events.
St. Mary’s Academy begins accepting 2017-2018 academic year applications for All Divisions after October 1, 2016. SMA necessitates that all students visit the school as part of the application process. The information below outlines our student visit requirements and dates:
- Junior Kindergarten: Group student visit: Dec. 15 or Jan. 19, click here to register
- Kindergarten: Group student visit: Jan. 12 or Jan. 24, click here to register
- Grade 1: Morning session visit: beginning Oct. 10, please call SMA to schedule
- Grades 2 – 5: Full-day visit: beginning Oct. 10, please call SMA to schedule
- Grades 6 – 12: Full-day visit (shadow day): beginning Oct. 10, click here to register
Visits for JK, Kindergarten, Middle School and High School may be scheduled through the Admissions Portal. Lower School visits may be scheduled by calling SMA at 303.762.8300.
Please click here to initiate your application to St. Mary’s Academy. To be considered for admission, we request the following items:
- Student Application
- Parent Comment
- Parent Interview & Tour, please call SMA to schedule
- Student Visit
- Student Essay, grades 2-12
- Teacher Recommendation(s), English & Math for grades 2-12, Principal’s letter for grades 10-12
- Transcript from current school
- High School Placement Test, grade 9
- ISEE Test, grades 6-8
- SMA does not require entrance exams or formal testing for grades JK-5. Students receive reading and math assessments on the day of their student visit.