Co-Ed Middle School
At St. Mary’s Academy Middle School, we focus on supporting the dynamic developmental stage of our students. They learn social skills, begin to establish their individual identity, and prepare for high school. The SMA Middle School offers an environment where creativity, exploration, and joy are encouraged to develop skills for deeper learning and personal growth.
Our students thrive, learn, and collaborate with peers in the pursuit of both academic and personal growth.
Students work in unified groups by grade level, and participate in community service and advisory with Community Action Teams (CAT) – a mix of students grades 6-8.
SMA Middle School students are embraced for who they are and challenged to grow socially and academically.
The Middle School offers a 1-to-1 Chromebook program, enriching presentations, deeper interactive learning, and helps students develop a sense of responsibility. Through experiential learning, individualized support, and high expectations, our students develop self-confidence and a love of learning.
St. Mary’s Academy Middle School is a place where students are individually known and appreciated. We value each student as a significant part of our community and challenge them to understand how they fit into the world.
Middle School Highlights
- Reflection time, prayer services, and the study of world theology provide students with opportunities to strengthen their ethical and spiritual grounding.
- Wednesday Exploration Seminars allow groups of 18 students to learn, explore, and further apply what they’ve learned in the classroom in 70-minute blocks.
- Students volunteer at retirement homes, assist at a preschool, and serve in sandwich lines twice a month with their CAT.
- Global Leadership opportunities are available beginning in grade 7 with a spring trip to Peru with host families, doing service work for local schools.
- All students in grade 8 spend time among the Cochiti in New Mexico learning and sharing in their traditions.